NEW JERSEY SPARKS BASKETBALL CLASSIC TOURNAMENT RULES
Girls AAU Basketball
“The Future is Now”
NJ SPARKS CLASSIC RULES
1) Each game will have (2) 16 minutes halves. 9U games will be (2) 12 minute halves. The clock will run except on timeouts & free throws. At 5 minutes & under of each half the clock will be stopped on all dead balls, foul shots, & free throws.
2) If a team is up by 20+ points with under 5 minutes in the 2nd half the clock only stops on timeouts.
3) Bonus after 10 fouls. No double bonus
4) (2) 30 second timeouts per half. Timeouts do not carry over to the next half or overtime.
5) Overtime is (2) minutes. Each team will be awarded 1 timeout in overtime. Double overtime is sudden death. The first team to score 2 points wins.
6) All teams must be ready to play at least 30 minutes before their start time.
7) Any coach assessed with 2 technical fouls will be eliminated from the tournament.
8) The home team is listed first on the schedule & must provide the game ball & official scorekeeper.
9) All other HS rules apply
10) There will be a 3 minute warm-up time before the games
11) Half-time is 2 minutes